What Is It?
The science behind Gyrotonic® and Gyrokinesis® methods
Gyrotonic methodology allows users to stretch and strengthen muscles, while simultaneously stimulating and stengthening connective tissues in and around the joints of the body. These exercises with synchronized breathing patterns enhance aerobic and cardiovascular stimulation and promote neuro-muscular rejuvenation. Gyrotonic exercises offer complete freedom of movement. The system is fully adjustable and can meet the needs of many people with varying body types, levels of strength and fitness. The circular, spiraling, and undulating movements that characterize the Gyrotonic Expansion System® help increase the functional capacity of the spine; contributing to a spherical and three-dimensional awareness, resulting in increased balance.
Gyrokinesis exercises allow one to work on the entire body through seven natural elements of spinal movement: forward, backward, right and left sides, right and left twists, and circular as well as all other joint articulation. This approach systematically and gently works the joints and muscles through rhythmic and undulating movements. These movements stimulate the body’s internal organs while different corresponding breathing patterns are integrating with the movements. Fluidity is key. Those who practice Gyrokinesis exercises tend to be more relaxed in their daily lives and can move with increased flexibility and ease.
- Prevents back problems as well as decreasing pain of current back problems
- Decreases stress and compression on the vertebrae as well as the joints, increasing range of motion and freedom of movement
- Teaches you to move from the inside out, recruiting all muscles of the body instead of relying on the biggest external ones.
- Creates the ability to move with fluidity, strength and power without a lot of tension and tightness that usually is the cause of injury.
- Improves posture and alignment without rigidness.
Who would benefit from these sessions?
- Individual with back problems: Start learning to use your body without fear and tension
- Athletes and golfers: Recruit more muscles to do the job in a fluid, soft way, giving you more power and flexibility
- Dancers: Avoid injury and discover where your body has been “cheating” to get the job done.
- Anyone who would like to move with ease, grace and strength